A basic course for general aviation helicopter pilots over 450 kg. The PPL license is the first step in a professional pilot's career. Flight training is conducted in accordance with PART-FCL regulations.
Requirements for the student
- Minimum age of 17, legal guardian consent required for persons under 18 years of age.
- A valid medical report on a medical class 2 medical condition with an initial medical check-up.
- You need a radiotelephone license for the first separate flight (the course is part of the theoretical training).
Course of the training
The theoretical part takes place in the classroom at Sazená Airport. Part of the study takes the form of lectures and consultations, while part is self-study. Outline of the theoretical part:
- Aviation law,
- General aircraft knowledge,
- Flight planning and performance,
- Human performance and limitations,
- operating procedures,
- basics of flight communication.
A minimum of 45 flight hours is required to obtain a PPL (H) pilot license. Holders of a valid PPL (A) pilot and helicopter and glider pilots may count 10% of their pilot-in-command in total flight hours to obtain a PPL (H), but not more than 6 hours.
Outline of PPL Flight Training:
- Pre-flight activities involving weight and balance determination, helicopter inspection and treatment.
- Airport traffic and air traffic management, precautions and procedures to prevent collisions.
- Helicopter control by external visual orientation.
- Hanging on the spot.
- Taxiing in hang.
- Take-offs and landings usual and with side wind.
- Maximum performance take-offs, landing on limited areas.
- Autorotation (simulation of landing with the engine off).
- Instrument flights.
- Cross country navigations using visual orientation, calculation navigation.
- Emergency procedures.
- Arrivals, departures and flights to controlled airports, procedures
- Communication and phraseology
It can start immediately, the training is individual with us, you plan flights yourself in our application.
We fly all year round, our helicopters are heated.
Completing the course and obtaining a license
The theoretical test is composed of a test at the Civil Aviation Authority. Practical skills will be verified by the Civil Aviation Authority's examiner at Sazená Airport.
According to the training curriculum, a minimum of 45 flight hours must be completed. However, it is only a prescribed minimum, which does not automatically qualify for a pilot's license!
We won't let anyone who really doesn't know how to fly take the final exams!
The price is stated in our pricelist.
Where to go next?
- Do you like night flying? Take advantage of our course and get a NIGHT qualification.
- CPL(H), FI(H)
Not sure? Come and try flying or arrange a personal consultation with one of our instructors. Contact us at tel (+420) 724 327 922.